Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Stars and Stripes


Hope you are having a great day! With the beginning of a three day weekend away from work, I found time this afternoon to play with the Cricut! Were you thinking red, white, and blue when you read the post title! Recently my daughter gave me an eighty page paper pack by The Paper Studio called Girls Live To Rock. I have been wondering what to do with these bright-rocking papers. After playing with several patterned papers, this is my results. Hmm, I like these colors too!
Card is 5 x 6 1/2. I am using Sassy Lil' Card Sketches June 28th sketch. I first layered a piece of the pink and yellow stripe to the top edge of the card. The Martha Stewart Layered Arches edge punch was used on the edge.
Cricut Cartridges:
Cricut American Alphabet - Star  on page 25 cut 2.50". After making the first white shadow at 2.50", I increased the shadow cut to 2.75" for the black shadow. I am happy with the results of the star. It is pop-dotted on the mat.
Wild Card - Happy Birthday on page 61 cut 4.25"
Lots of inking and my card is completed. Hope a certain teenager will be happy with it! Now I need to find a use for all the guitar papers!

Challenges:
Sassy Lil' Card Sketches - June 28th sketch
Birthday Sundaes - Stars and Stripes. Must always include birthday wording on front of card.

Hope you enjoy my card! Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. This card is rocking Glenda! I love it...those colors and patterns are just fabulous! Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! The colors work real well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch at Sassy lil Sketches. Love the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun colors you have used for stars and stripes! The background paper is great!
    Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, I like the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the super fun colors! Great job with your stars and strips! It is an awesome birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Glenda, as always. Happy 4th of July to you and your family. Check out our blog for some blog candy in celebration of our 1st blogaversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, especially that large star!

    ReplyDelete